Friday, March 25, 2011

Changing it up...

Wow what a week...
Ever felt like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? Me too... Did you know, there are 10080 minutes in a week? and the average Elephant weighs 10,000 - 12,000??? Hmmm, that is about one emotional pound per minute of the day! You need to be nicer to yourself! We ALL need to be nicer to ourselves!

Life is a constant kitchen experiment with a new recipe, at least at my house it is.

So I decide to try "something new"... so I peruse the recipe book or on-line sites, and find something"new" to attempt. First narrowing my selection by the likelihood I have some, or all, of the ingredients and wont take too much investment of my time or money to "try".
Then we take a look at the ingredients a little closer and attempt to make substitutions... You see, in my family, we have many food allergies, severe likes and dislikes, etc. then I make the attempt.

Do you sometimes search for that "something new"? Sometimes deciding to just switch up the ingredients of something old?
Maybe you substitute some things, maybe add a few favorite flavors...
All in all, have you found a way to release some of the stress?
Is it working?
Maybe it's time to take a look in the pantry and see if you have all that you need to make it work,...or work for you?
Maybe, you settle into what you know...
...regardless, please take the time to take care of you. I know I don't always and I need to remind myself <3 because I'm human... I'm guessing, but I'll bet you are too.

No comments: